Family Retreat at LSRR
The Family Retreat at Life Skills Recovery Ranch is an intimate opportunity for families to enjoy visiting, share a Ranch experiences, and gain supported insight of the progress of their loved one. The “Family Retreat” is a weekend scheduled soon after enrollment and is targeted to be in the beginning of their fourth month, or approximately 120 after their enrollment in LSRR, depending on your interns progress.
A sketch outline of the Retreat is as follows:
- Parents arrive on Friday afternoon by 1:00 pm
- First – meet with staff to answer questions about your son, the program and the role that each staff member has at the ranch.
- Meeting with Greg Kesler to discuss Questions and Answers about the program, your son’s progress in all areas, and parent involvement.
- Parents watch the following DVD “Pleasure Unwoven”if they have not already done
- If not already viewed during orientation “The Ultimate Gift” or “Karate Kid”
- At approximately 5:00 pm- Accompany your son as he accomplishes his daily chore routine to see and experience some of the skills he has acquired. He will be your guide and teacher!
- 6:15-6:30 pm – Dinner with your son and staff
- 7:00 pm – Parent Training Meeting with an Instructor
- Local hotels are available for overnight arrangements
- 7:00 am – Breakfast with the interns and son on the ranch
- 7:30 am – Work alongside your son and try your hand at the skills he has been learning
- 12:00 pm- Lunch with your son on the ranch
- 12:30 pm – Continue to work with your son on the ranch
- 4:00- 5:30 pm – Round Table about future goals for your son and discussion of Friday nights insights
- 6:00 – 10:00 pm – You will be eating dinner and enjoying the evening with your son, the other interns, and staff at the ranch.
- At no time during your visit may your son leave the ranch with you
- We would like to have you and your family join us and all the interns for worship services at the local church and enjoy a Sunday dinner afterwards if your schedule permits.
- Family retreats ends